The stoy of Hooked highlights the important issue of human trafficking, which is the fastest growing criminal enterprise worldwide. You can make a difference by becoming involved in fighting human trafficking.
If you believe you have information about a potential trafficking situation, call the National Human Trafficking Resource Center (NHTRC) toll-free hotline at 1-888-373-7888: Call Specialists are available 24/7 to take reports of potential human trafficking. All reports are confidential and you may remain anonymous. Interpreters are available.
[pullquote type=”left”]10% of proceeds from the sales of Hooked are donated to organizations fighting human trafficking.[/pullquote]
Click here to submit a tip online. For immediate assistance or to speak directly with an NHTRC Call Specialist, please contact us 24/7 at 1-888-373-7888.
If you or someone you know needs help, call the National Human Trafficking Resource Center (NHTRC) toll-free hotline, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-888-373-7888 to speak with a specially trained NHTRC Call Specialist. Support is provided in more than 200 languages. They are there to listen and connect you with the help you need to stay safe.
You can also [email protected]
For more resources and information on trafficking, visit traffickingresourcecenter.org.
CAST (Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking) and NightLight International gave insight and guidance into the human trafficking elements of Hooked. Please support their work and the efforts of these organizations:
- ABC Nepal, a non-profit non- governmental organisation working in Nepal on trafficking of girls and minors across India and Arabian countries, founded by Durga Ghimire.
- Anti-Slavery International, Anti-Slavery International works at local, national and international levels to eliminate all forms of slavery around the world Apne Aap Women Worldwide, a grassroots movement to end sex trafficking based in New Delhi, founded by Ruchira Gupta
- 8th Day Center for Justice, a Roman Catholic non-profit organization based in Chicago, Illinois
- A Better World, an organization that is based in Lacombe, Alberta, Canada
- A21 Campaign, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, non-governmental organization that works to fight human trafficking
- ACT Alberta, a Canadian coalition of Government of Alberta representatives, non-governmental organizations, community organisations, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Agape International Missions, a nonprofit organization in Cambodia
- Arizona League to End Regional Trafficking, a coalition representing partnerships with law enforcement, faith-based communities, non-profit organizations, social service agencies, attorneys and concerned citizens.
- Awareness Against Human Trafficking (HAART) is non-governmental organization fighting against human trafficking in Kenya.
- Blossom Care Network a faith based organization providing services to children rescued from sex trafficking.
- Bishop Outreach, a non-profit, non-governmental organization involved in rescuing those enslaved in human trafficking.
- Breaking Free, a nonprofit organization based in Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States that provides various services to prostitutes, such as help finding a place to live and a job outside the sex industry
- California Against Slavery, a human rights organization directed at strengthening California state laws to protect victims of sex trafficking
- Called to Rescue, a non-profit worldwide organization based in Vancouver, Washington given to rescuing minor children from sex trafficking, violence and abuse.
- Centre to End All Sexual Exploitation, a nonprofit organization that helps human trafficking victims, sex workers, and the homeless by providing them with resources
- Chab Dai, a coalition founded by Helen Sworn that connects Christian organizations committed to ending sexual abuse and trafficking.
- Challenging Heights, an organization founded by James Kofi Annan that promotes youth and family empowerment and children’s rights to education and freedom from forced labour in Ghana.
- Childhope Asia Philippines, an international, non-profit, non-political, non-sectarian organization whose principal purpose is to advocate for the cause of street children throughout the world
- Children of the Night is a non-profit organization that operates a 24-hour hotline and shelter/home for children ages 11-17 who have been involved in prostitution.
- Children’s Organization of Southeast Asia (COSA), the Children’s Organization of Southeast Asia (COSA) is an International Organization which works towards the prevention of child human trafficking and sexual exploitation within the Northern regions of Thailand.
- Coalition Against Trafficking in Women, an international non-governmental organization opposing human trafficking, prostitution, and other forms of commercial sex
- Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking, a Los Angeles-based anti-human trafficking organization
- Crowns of Hope provides financial assistance and Christian therapy for female victims of human trafficking and sexual abuse in Central Texas.
- Deborah’s Gate, a human trafficking victims safe house run by The Salvation Army in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada that opened in 2009
- Durbar Mahila Samanwaya Committee, a collective of 65,000 sex workers in West Bengal
- ECPAT, an international non-governmental organisation and network headquartered in Thailand which is designed to end the commercial sexual exploitation of children
- The Emancipation Network, an international organization dedicated to fighting human trafficking and modern-day slavery
- EVE, an advocacy group based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Face to Face Bulgaria, an organization whose primary mission is to prevent cases of forced prostitution and human trafficking in Bulgaria
- Florida Abolitionist, a nonprofit, non-governmental organization opposing human trafficking in Florida, United States
- Free the Slaves, is dedicating to ending Slavery Worldwide
- GABRIELA, a leftist Filipino organization that advocates for women’s issues
- Global Alliance Against Traffic in Women, a network of more than 100 non-governmental organisations from all regions of the world, who share a deep concern for the women, children and men whose human rights have been violated by the criminal practice of trafficking in persons
- Hagar International is committed to the recovery, empowerment and reintegration of survivors of trafficking and severe abuse in Cambodia, Afghanistan and Vietnam.
- Hope for Justice Hope for Justice identifies and rescues victims, advocates on their behalf, provides restorative care which rebuilds lives and trains frontline professionals to tackle slavery.
- Ing Makababaying Aksyon, a feminist service institution that seeks to empower women and work for a society that genuinely recognises and upholds women’s rights
- International Justice Mission, a U.S.-based non-profit human rights organization that operates in countries all over the world to rescue victims of individual human rights abuse
- La Strada International Association, an international NGO network addressing trafficking in human beings in Europe
- London Anti-Human Trafficking Committee, a London, Ontario, Canada-based nonprofit organisation opposing human trafficking by means of advocacy and education
- Love 146 – Vision- The abolition of child trafficking and slavery, nothing less.
- Maiti Nepal, a non-profit organization in Nepal dedicated to helping victims of sex trafficking
- MANNA Freedom is the human trafficking prevention arm of MANNA Worldwide and provides awareness, resources and homes for at-risk children and teens.
- Men Against Sexual Trafficking, a London, Ontario, Canada-based organisation that opposes human trafficking by educating men on the issue and encouraging them to stop buying sexual services provided by human trafficking victims
- Mongolian Gender Equality Center, a non-governmental organization based in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- NASHI, a Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada-based organisation that opposes human trafficking by raising awareness through education
- Not for Sale Campaign, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based out of California
- Office to Combat Trafficking in Persons, a government agency responsible for coordinating efforts to address human trafficking in British Columbia, Canada
- Physicians for Human Rights
- Polaris Project, a nonprofit, non-governmental organization that works to combat and prevent modern day slavery and human trafficking
- PREDA Foundation, a charitable organization that was founded in Olongapo City, Philippines in 1974
- Prerana is a non-governmental organization (NGO) that works in the red-light districts of Mumbai, India to protect children vulnerable to commercial sexual exploitation and trafficking. The organization runs three night care centers for children at risk, as well as shelter homes and a residential training center for girls rescued from the trafficking trade.
- Rahab Ministries Thailand, a Christian non-governmental organization that provides outreach for sexually trafficked women and children in Thailand
- Ratanak International, an organisation that rescues children from sexual slavery and then provides them with education, rehabilitation, and safety
- Reaching Out Romania, a non-governmental charitable organization in Romania that helps girls ages 13 to 22 exit the sex industry
- Redlight Children Campaign, a non-profit organization created by New York lawyer and president of Priority Films Guy Jacobson and Israeli actress Adi Ezroni in 2002 to combat worldwide child sexual exploitation and human trafficking
- Ricky Martin Foundation, an organization with the mission to advocate for the well-being of children around the world
- Ride for Refuge, a cycling event that raises awareness and funds for displaced persons, including human trafficking victims
- Run for Courage, a nonprofit organization that combats human trafficking
- Shared Hope International, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization which exists to rescue and restore women and children in crisis
- Slavery Footprint, a nonprofit organization based in Oakland, California that works to end human trafficking and modern-day slavery.
- Stop Child Trafficking Now, an organization founded by Lynette Lewis, an author and public speaker
- Stop the Traffik, a campaign coalition which aims to bring an end to human trafficking worldwide
- The Samaritan Women, a nonprofit based in Baltimore, Maryland that operates a long-term restoration program for adult female survivors of human trafficking
- Third World Movement Against the Exploitation of Women, an organization directed towards the liberation of women from all kinds of oppression and exploitation based on sex, race or class
- Tiny Hands International, a Christian nonprofit organization dedicated to helping orphaned and abandoned children and fighting sex trafficking in South Asia
- Together Let’s Stop Traffick, a global project set out to combat human trafficking in all forms by founding and operating a global information and intelligence center, that will also operate as a hub for the vast network of fellow counter-/anti-human trafficking organizations with whom relations are encouraged and to be maintained, and from which essential training services will be coordinated.
- Truckers Against Trafficking, a nonprofit organization that trains truck drivers to recognize and report instances of human trafficking
- Visayan Forum Foundation, a non-profit, non-stock and tax-exempt non-government organization in the Philippines established in 1991
- Vital Voices, an international, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works with women leaders in the areas of economic empowerment, women’s political participation, and human rights.
- Women’s Support Network of York Region, a nonprofit organization that serves the Regional Municipality of York in Ontario, Canada, operating with an anti-oppressive, anti-racist, feminist philosophy
- World Orphans, an organization that funds the creation of orphanages in developing countries
To be added to this list of organizations, email [email protected] or leave a comment describing your organization.